Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sewing....ugh

it's not my best art.

usually my imagination is way better than my actual handiness with my sewing machine.

but i promised i'd attempt to make a dent in all this scrap fabric laying around!

So, first i made a Pillowcase Dress for Kaeley using two clearance fat quarters from work, kae likes it, but now i know what to do differently next time!

then i got out the pre-quilted (a-la vera bradley) fabric i had and made my nook case, I made it specifically so the cover i already have for it fits in there too. (had some issues with the iron-on velcro /sigh)

Then i started on what i hope to sell on Etsy or Art Fire. Aromatherapy Pillows.

This one is 3in x 8in and scented with Lavender and Cloves. It can go in the microwave for sore muscles and the freezer for headaches!

They'll all be the same size i think, just different fabric.

I'll probably bring the pillow to knitting to get some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment