Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nostalgia

Saturday is Kae's teachers birthday. Since we already made her the spiffy hat and gloves for Christmas, and EVERYONE is making her a card, kae and I decided (mostly me) to make her a necklace.

Paper beads!

When I was 8 my grandmother Burdette came to visit us, it was the first time we'd ever met, and pretty memorable, for me at least. It was Christmastime, too.

We spent hours cutting pages out of magazines, and rolling them up on toothpicks, making piles of different colored beads to make necklaces for my mom. Which she still keeps in her jewelry box. I love my mommy.

So kae and I decided to make them too, but instead of magazines, we took a falling apart copy of a children's fairytale book and used book pages!


I made my own modge podge. 


The book was going in the trash anyway


The thread is from my embroidery box, it's pink, Mrs. L's favorite color.


Kaeley threaded them on with a yarn needle, I tied it off. It's in a pink bag to take her on Friday. Completely free gift, and lots of fun with my girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment