Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bad week

Went to stay at moms to babysit her spoiled cats. We got there Thursday morning, 20 minutes after we arrive I find out Ross' grandma Ellen passed away.

Ellen was a librarian. She loved books so much, read anything, and always gave the gift of reading. I've decided that 100% of pattern sales for the rest of this year are being donated to the palm beach county public library, in her name. Psst, pass it along!

We came home Tuesday morning after cleaning up our mess. Mom called, everything seemed fine. She was tired and hungry. Apparently the town they stayed in for shafiek's wedding didn't allow chain stores of any kind, so the food was granola crunchy, over-priced tiny portions.
Tuesday night I get a call from my mom, she's in the er, they're keeping her overnight for testing.
The prognosis seems to be, the problem is the result of surgery she had a few years ago, a complication that should have either happened during recovery from that or not at all. The fix is more surgery. She's lost so much blood already, they've done three transfusions. She told them, do the fix, I don't have time for this.

I'm worried sick about my mom. I cuddle my kids and try not to be freaked out. But it's almost as scary as her cancer surgery 8 years ago.

I'm working prayers into the shawl I've knitting for her. It helps keep me calm, I think both she and I need that

No comments:

Post a Comment