Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ravellenic Games 2012

I decided to just do one post of all my projects this time around!

First up I knit a Pygmy puff, from Harry Potter. They're in the books but hardly in the movies. In 6 Ginny has one one the train, it's hideous and lavender...
Mine is cute! It's for kae for Christmas. I knit this for Team Tardis and the competition with team Sherlocked in the British cricket event.

I then knit a soaker for Connor using the snapdragon pattern and storied yarns custom hand dyed in a highlander color way for Connors cloth booty! It's for team storied yarns!

I dyed a skein a yarn, a huge skein of yarn. It was the green wool I got from Peggy! It's now a beautiful peacock that needs a project!

Then I popped out a charity scarf for the drive I'm doing right now, it's yarn I received from my mother in law when I first started knitting, paton's pooch. The scarves and cowls (and hats) Gail and I have been knitting all year have found a charity. They're going to warm up
Cincinnati for donation to elementary kids in Kentucky. We have 15 scarves, 3 cowls and 1 hat. I'll be getting more from the lovely ladies at the Wednesday night knitting. (shoot me a message of you have any to donate, I'll get you the address or collect since I'm shipping a huge flat rate box)

I also finished my purple handspun from the tour de fleece! I got 490 yards of fingering weight. Now I'm going to start spinning the grey, I'll either knit a spectra shawl from westknits or get a third color and do a color affection!

I also knit a multi-use item, it's a bracelet, necklace, and a headband. I knit it using a 23 yard 2-ply sample skein I did on my Turkish spindle!

Last project is a Fennec hat for Connor. I love this pattern. Seriously, it's easy, cute and perfect for handspun because it's so forgiving. It also works great in heavily variegated yarns. I'm using my Titania fractal spin yarn from TdF. I'm counting this in the cast on trap shoot because I cast it in during the Olympics, and got more than 30% into it, but didn't finish. I'm actually half finished with the decreases but need to dig out my dpns to finish.

I had a wip (10-stitch blanket) and a shawl (test knit my own design) that I had hoped to get to. But I just ran out of time with two kids!

I'm proud of what I did accomplish this year though ::dance::

No comments:

Post a Comment