Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nerd Wars - T9 round 1

So this is my first time doing nerd wars! It's an awesome fun competition on Ravelry based on geeky fandoms. The hardest part is picking a team.

This time (and probably all of them) I'm on team Mythology. It's one of the smaller teams, but everyone is super nice and freaking awesome! I get to link my rav craft projects to mythology, fables and fairy tales. Because I don't do that anyway.

Here are a few of my projects for this first round.

I donated the proceeds from my Aceso hat pattern.

Aceso is the Greek goddess of the healing process.

My Gravestone handspun for flex 

I linked it to the Stygian witches, who lived on salt and man flesh, so their skin was drab grey. They also shared one eye and tooth between 3 of them. They are in the myth of Perseus and Medusa.

I finished a shawlette for Lindsay
I linked it to butterfly, and the Shoshone butterfly woman dance. I'll link it tomorrow on the computer, it's hard from the blogger app. This is also my team unity project, the elements. The Aztec god of fire was often depicted as a butterfly, or with a butterfly on his chest.

And my most recent, in the LARP category, a handspun, crocheted, tribal belt.


This one was hard to link, I actually ended up using The Hindu belief that all of creation is part of an elaborate dance, and that the priestesses used to dance to communicate with the gods. 

I'm ALMOST done with Kae's hot pink cardigan. It'll be tied to the stratosphere somehow. I'll probably need help placing this one. 

I'm having so much fun, and it's great motivation for my Christmas knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment