Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Gamer - extra life

As most of my friends know, I'm a gamer. Most people love me for it anyway. Except my mom, she thinks it's pointless /shrug. She started it (yeah, that game gear you bought me in 5th grade, uh huh)

So about 11 years ago, ok 10 years and 7 month. Ross and I picked up Everquest. It was the bane of our existence, I raided, he hated it. We jumped ship to eq2, then I played WoW and he played CoH, eventually he fell out of gaming online. I never did.

Out of nostalgia I hacked my own everquest account a few months ago, and started playing again, casually. There are no more raids, no one I used to play with is still there, but I can run around the old zones and remember all the fun and craziness. The drama, and the friendships. I still have a few people I talk to that I met in game ;)

Going through my bank I started finding quest parts...lots of parts. Epic quest parts. Now for those not in the know, epic quests are just that, really long quests, with a lot of sub quests, hunting for rare things in ugly places, and killing stuff that's really hard, and might not drop the piece you need. I thought, I should finish these!

And finish them I did!

First was Naideri, my High Elf enchanter. She's by far my favorite character to play in any video game. Seriously. She got her Staff of the Serpent Saturday night after Doctor Who, I checked Fear with my Druid and the last named was up. The snake on the stick moves, and hisses at people I don't like. 

Then today came Numinya, I logged her in and YAY! The ghost in City of Mist finally spawned. So numi got Innoruuk's Curse. She's my very first character, a Dark Elf ShadowKnight. She's also the Guild Leader of Carpe Mortis, and my highest level character. 

I'm very proud of myself. I have a few little quests to finish, the greenmist sk katana, and the coldain prayer shawl on my Druid and Enchanter. Then I think my account may lapse again. The game just isn't the same. 

Now for Extra Life. This is a gaming fundraiser I have done for the last three years. You raise money for the Children's Miracle Network by marathon playing video games. I'll be playing Archeage and Everquest. And splitting it over 3 days instead of in one session, because children. I'll post the link to my fundraiser page.

Don't want to donate? Then join! ANY game works, iphone, iPad, consol, Facebook, PC. No one cares, and it's for a really great cause. 

Thanks for putting up with my geek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment