Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving

With thanksgiving being next week, I wanted to make a list of things I'm thankful for. But first a story of something that happened to me today.

Connor and I braved Walmart to get some stuff for thanksgiving dinner at dad's house next week, and I decided to take a detour through the toy department to get c-man's opinion on a couple games for his Leapster. 

While we were standing there, this little old woman comes over and asks how old Connor is, he's 2 and a half. 

She told me how she's got a 3 year old grandson who she's never met, and wondered if Connor could help her pick some Christmas presents for him.

Connor is always happy to look at toys.

So this nice old woman followed him around asking him about toys, and making selections for her grandson, he got some duplos, a couple ninja turtles, and a huge dump truck. 

Connor and I went on to finish our grocery shopping, and as I was checking out, the lady came over and asked if it was alright for Connor to have a toy, she gifted him with a new hot wheels 3 pack. He was a happy boy, and even remembered to use his manners and say thank you. 

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me, not even the first time at Walmart. 

As I was texting with Ross about the situation, he said it was sad. And it made me glad my kids know their grandparents.

30 days of thankful

1. My kids 
2. Ross
3. My mom
4. Yarn
5. Exterminators (omg)
6. Public school for being free
7. No more FCAT 
8. The dollar tree
9. Crock pots
10. The Scary Mommy Thanksgiving Project
11. Amazon Prime
12. The public library
13. Pinterest
14. My bestest friend Gail
15. My knitting group
16. Peppermint Mocha Fraps
17. Pomegranate dark chocolate
18. Scentsy 
19. Having my own iPad
20. Connor cuddles
21. Ravelry
22. Fish sticks, or Connor would never eat
23. Baby gates
24. My awesome father in law, Kevan
25. Video games, aggression outlet, and making Christmas shopping easy!
26. Leapfrog tv, for helping get stuff done around the house
27. Dollar tree batteries
28. Facebook, or is have no social life
29. Online shopping
30. Santa Claus 

I know it's not the end of the month, and these are in no particular order, and some days I'm less thankful than others. 

But I try and take a little time everyday to remind myself that my life doesn't completely suck ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment