Monday, December 1, 2014

October and November Reading Lists

sorry, i'm a slacker /sigh

i'm actually WAY behind on my reading goals, and ended up lowering my yearly goal from 100 to 75 books, and i still might not make it.

next year i think i'll go with 52 books in 52 weeks, like the challenge group i'm in, that way i have a reasonable goal. i may also ONLY read books on my nook and kindle, since i have A LOT (except new releases for currently reading series, like The Shadows!)

October
1-63 the Blood of Olympus - Rick Riordan (10/20) free/library
November
1-64 God Save the Queen - Kate Locke (11/17) free/library
2-65 Doon - Carey Corp (11/21) free/library
3-66 Prince Lestat - Anne Rice (11/30) free/library


favorites - all of them! but especially Doon. it's YA, which doesn't bother me, and it was a quick read (about 5 hours), but the story was good, and the characters were actually likeable. it's loosely based on Brigadoon, which i haven't seen.

of these my least favorite (if i had to pick one) is Prince Lestat. I'm not going to give an in-depth review about what i liked or hated, because i want people to make up their own minds. but i was just really disappointed in the writing. i love Anne, i follow her on facebook, and i respect the hell out of her. I just think she should have left this series alone and kept fleshing out her Wolf series.

also, sadz! no more Percy Jackson!!! s'ok, the new series is Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard! it's like Rick looked into my childhood and decided to write these series just for me, First obsession with Greek/Roman Mythology, then Egyptian, now Norse. if he starts a Japanese series i'll die of happiness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment