Friday, December 19, 2014

Ornaments

So I've made it a little tradition to give a small gift at the last knit night before Christmas. 

One year I made glass balls with little yarn balls and tiny knitting needles in them. I've also done fudge, and cookies. 

This year we made pinecone ornaments.

Connor collected the pinecones at the duck park (Eco island). The pickings were very slim :(

He loves the fish

Then we got the cones home and baked the critters out of them (200 degrees for 45 minutes)


After the baking came the painting. I used krypton gold and silver spray paint.

And a scentsy box!

After they dried I hot glued yarn loops to them for hanging



We've been giving them to people, the ups guy, the mailman, our police officer neighbor. It's a small thing, but seems to make people genuinely happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment