Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wow! Science

So everyone who reads my blog (all 3 of you) know that I've gone back to school this semester to finally finish. It's been a lot of work, but it's also been really great. I wasn't ready 15 years ago, but now I'm actually happy about learning.

so with that!

I'm taking Environmental Science, which I highly suggest, and the last two chapters have been about water. That most important thing we all need to survive.

We're talking about pollution, fishing and over fishing, and the article I chose to focus on, the lack of access to water for drinking and hygiene in lesser developed countries.

Reading about this, I was reminded of a girl scout Journey, Wow! Wonders of Water, that our Brownie troop did 2 years ago. the journey teaches the girls about the water cycle (check), pollution (check) and how they can help, before putting them out into the world to ACTUALLY help.

Here in Florida, so surrounded by water as we are, this is REALLY important information.

So for my assignment for my class, I wrote, drew and colored a comic book to go along with this Journey.

I'm posting it here for Girl scouts, homeschoolers, and anyone who has a child around 7 to 9 years old who is really interested in making a different.









1 comment: