Sunday, November 1, 2009

Family Ties

I have a routine, some things i do everyday, two of those things, are check my facebook and check my Ravelry forums. While i was checking facebook yesterday i got a note from my Aunt Jill, it made me realize something, and got me thinking.

My Aunt Jill and my Aunt Jane both knit.

Both of my mom's brother's wives.

My great-grandmother on my maternal grandmother's side of the family also knit.

My maternal grandmother didn't knit, but she did embroidery, quilting, crochet, oh hell, the woman was almost an adult during the Great Depression, she did everything! (including being a spectacular cook!)

It got me thinking about my heritage and my family, my Aunt Jill said Jane got her back into knitting just recently, but she used to do it once upon a time, and she's being genuinely supportive of my taking up the hobby. (yay!)

For the first time since my Grandmother died when i was 14, i actually feel a tie to my family, especially the women in my family. It's a Nice Feeling.

This picture is my Daughter, Kaeley, attempting to Knit with mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment