Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Knit...there's a Purl?

I'll admit I'm slow about alot of things (usually cleaning). I try not to commit myself to things i can't accomplish, stuff like that.

I volunteered to test knit a spats pattern for a Vampire Inspired Knitting book, through a forum on Ravelry, i got the pattern in my email last night, and looked through it, thinking, i know the basics, it's a beginning pattern, i CAN do this!

very much of it involves stockinette stitch, and it's not knit in the round (which i love doing btw). so here i am, sitting with my little needles and my yarn, a whole row cast on and one knit, thinking, you mean i actually HAVE to purl??! well fook!

So i tool around, putting it off for all of about an hour, then i decide to hit Youtube, the Stitch Witch showed me how! I watched the little video on purl, and did a row, and holy crap! I can purl. I mean, i knew the technical part, how it worked, i'd just avoided doing a purl stitch, for almost a year. how sad am i?

This opens up a whole new world of patterns i can use!

/squee (the picture is my inspiration photo for the spats, it's Marie LeVeux's Grave)

No comments:

Post a Comment