Thursday, April 4, 2013

5k Training

So I'm finally getting back to my lose weight/get in shape resolution.

So what it's been 4 months!?!

Lots got in my way, but mostly myself, and my excuses.

I made up my mind that I'm going to be in shape to participate in the Run For Your Lives! Zombie 5k next year (not enough time to train this year, I'd get eaten).

So I downloaded the Zombies, Run! 5k training app. Omg it's so fun. The story so far is great, the characters are motivating. And it syncs with the music I have on my phone. Plus I can see all my stats on their web page (miles, calories, times).

I also downloaded the Charity Miles app, this app is free, and works with companies that want to be affiliated with charity donations. So for example, today I walked 1.57 miles for Feed America, each mile is 2 meals, so I provided 3 meals that X company will pay for. I get to do charity work by training, for charity work...

And the apps stack, I can start charity miles and open zombies and do the story, listen to music, and both accumulate while I go.

This does use data on my phone to run the GPS, but I never use all of my plan each month anyway.

And Connor is training too!

Next run/walk I'll pay more attention, since its Autism Awareness month I wanted to walk for Autism Speaks, but I just clicked and went. So we fed the hungry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment