Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Whoops - July Reading List

July 
6.46 Unbound - Jim C Hines (7/24) library 5 Stars 
5.45 He’s My Only Vampire - Aya Shouoto (7/?) borrow/Shellie 2 Stars 
4. 44 Indian Summer - Aaron Mahnke (7/?) own/nook 4 Stars 
3.43 The Story of Owen - E.K. Johnson (7/?) library 2 stars 
2.42 Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O’Dell (7/?) own reread 5 stars 
1.41 The Wrath & The Dawn - Renee Ahdieh (7/1) library 5 stars

seriously?!! how did i forget this? well, kaeley was on a trip out of state, connor was being a handful. I missed my girl, we'll blame it on that.

As you can see i don't have exact finish dates for july. because i'm a slacker. 

Unbound. this series i suggest to everyone who reads. it's a series of books about BOOK MAGIC. like, how awesome is that?

He's my only vampire was bad. like, why did i read this bad. like, i want that hour of my life back bad. 

Indian Summer. Ok, first off, i love Aaron Mahnke. I love his Lore podcast, it's my favorite and i gobble it down every two weeks when it's released. So to support him, i bought his books (except the newest one, i haven't gotten it yet). This one was a little slow, and a bit predictable. but i think that's only because this is a genre i read all the time. It was still enjoyable. and i read the entire thing in his voice. Really, go download the 2nd episode of the Lore Podcast from iTunes. you'll understand what i mean.

the story of owen...dragons. in canada. i didn't love it

Island of the blue dolphin was a re-read with kaeley for her summer reading program. 

The Wrath and the Dawn. I can't say enough good things about this book. it's a retelling of 1001 Arabian Nights. I cannot WAIT for the second one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment