Friday, April 30, 2010

Beltane Swap Package and More

so my desktop computer fried yesterday. We have a laptop, an HP we were gifted by the In-Laws. it's slow, and overheats, but it works for checking email and things. Though it doesn't like my Minolta...stupid thing.

I got my package From Jemgirl for the Beltane Vampire Swap group on Ravelry today. I have to share the goodness that came, i wanted to cry when i opened this package. She so spoiled the crap out of me.

There was chocolate too, that didn't really last long /blush.

I have a new computer coming around May 4th or 5th. Mom was uber nice and ordered me an Asus laptop. So no more video games for me, which makes me a little sad, but it's time to move on.

I applied for a couple more jobs today, including one working at Macy's setting up the displays. I think it sounds fun and i really hope to hear back from them.

Kae got signed up for VPK this morning, at the local public elementary school. Turns out, the vpk voucher only covers 3 hours of school per day. the other 3, have to be paid for. in a private care setting this could be upwards of $200 a week, in the public school setting it's only $95 a week. which is pretty good. But still expensive. I don't have the heart to keep her home for another year until she starts Kindergarden. She's so freaking excited about school, i want her to be excited about school she's going to be going for 12 years plus. (hopefully). So now I'm again frantically looking for a job so i can cover childcare costs.
The market here is still a pain.

As for my Knitting and spinning. I'm working on The Reading Shawl (aka the Stay Put Shawl) it's a super easy pattern, at least, until the Lace, I'm going to need someone to hold my hand through the chart. I've still not learned how to read one.
I'm spinning up some white misc. wool from my stash to try my hand at using koolaid or cake dye to color, it's for a swap hosted by the Bohemian Knitter Chic group on Ravelry. I'm also going to include some fiber from my stash.
The Spindlers group on Rav's May challenge is Paintings and Painters. I think i'm going to try for this. I'm totally in love with my Rose spindle from Grippingyarn. Next on my list from her is a French Spindle. The yarn is a bit thicker, but i like it.

Other than that. Just taking things one day at a time.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment