Thursday, April 8, 2010

Free Gift With Purchase!!

not really...gotcha!!!


So the guild meeting has been pseudo canceled. We're still going to be meeting at the Legacy place Greenwise Publix on Saturday, April 17th, around 11:30, for lunch, to discuss Guild Planning some more. We have some more stuff that needs to get ironed out before we start having official meetings...you know, like, where to meet..and bylaws...and actual Officers...stuff.

Other than that frustration, We went to get Kae's VPK voucher today. It was quite the ordeal. First, the building the office is in to GET the voucher, is huge, with poorly posted directions, the office itself is only open from 9am to 1pm monday through friday. We find the place, get there with a couple hours to spare, i pull out Kae's vaccination record (which counts as proof of birth, it was on the list) and the damn secretary wouldn't take it. The pediatrician forgot to put my name on the sheet. It's "an official document, i can't take it without your name on it" so i pick up a pen and start to write my name on it, she grabs the pen from me and says that will void it, i can't take it. So my mom (genius that she is) takes the paper, takes the pen, walks out into the hallway, and writes my name on the sheet.Now i don't know what this lady's problem was, i'm thinking her neon green weave was too tight, but the scene she caused because of this was just ridiculous. Her manager let our documents be accepted, really, it wasn't MY fault the pedi forgot to put my name on the paper. Needless to say, we got the voucher, and kae starts school in September!

Advent Children is really pretty in BluRay on a HD tv...really really.

I cast on the Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague day before yesterday, 24 rows in, i realize i've screwed up the back panel, my numbers were off, this will teach me to count after each row. Frogged, cast back on...soon, it's for mom for Mother's Day. I'm also making her French Press Slippers (thanks Sandi for the pattern!) for her Birthday. Both in blue, i loves my mommy.

I've been working on the Unseelie batt from Corgi Hill Farms for a couple weeks now. I've got 2 ounces spun up and i'm going to start the other 2 on a new bobbin, still trying to decide if i should ply it with this spiffy black thread or with itself.

Now back to my book, Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi book 1) by Eileen Wilks. so far i like it alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment