Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Addictive Personality

my husband says this constantly. that i have an addictive personality. That i can't NOT be addicted to something. I was a smoker, i quit (despite that it's better for me and our daughter...I'm a quitter because he still smokes..) I play video games in spurts. I'll play WoW or EQ2 for a couple months, cancel my account and go back after a few months. I'd buy one month cards if i could EVER freaking find them /Le sigh
Then i took up knitting, he blames his mother because she got me the Knifty Knitter looms that got me started "down the path of darkness". After a few months (and vast improvement) i decided i wanted to try spinning. I got a spindle, then i got another spindle, then i got a wheel, now I've ordered another (supported) spindle. i like both, I'm not snooty about it, they're both fun =D
I've been slacking on my knitting since I've been spinning so much. My only excuse is that I'm doing spin-a-longs that have deadlines. I have a baby blanket to finish, that's got a deadline too..oops.
And now mother's day is looming and I've yet to cast back on the Cloud Bolero for mom. or the French Press slippers (though i have an excuse for that one too, Sandi has my needles!)

And here is where my dad would say I'm making too many excuses. It's hard to multi-task with a 4 year old, yet that's all I really do. I can't read AND knit AND spin AND play on the computer AND take care of Kaeley all at the same time, there aren't enough hours in the day and i don't have nearly enough arms. Something gives. Some days it's my computer time, some days it's my spinning/knitting, but most days it's reading. And it's NEVER Kaeley.

Ever have those days where you just don't want to get out of bed? This is what gets me up every morning, with a "good morning mommy" and a kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment