Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Damn the Drama Llama

When i was younger we moved...alot, I went to 6 different elementary schools, one in texas, 2 middle schools and 3 high schools. My parents got seperated when i was in 6th grade and divorced when i was in 8th. Junior high in general sucked ass for me. I lost 4 very good friends in a car accident in Boca Raton on Yamato Road. Crystal Cortes was in my Band and english classes, and i mourned her death very much. Dori and Emily were also friends, and Margot. It was horrible, i went to my dad's for the weekend and came back sunday to find i lost people i cared about.

three months later my grandmother died of cancer.

For a teenager these thing are the most horrible events that could possibly happen. The lost of family, friends, confidants, caretakers.

The last time i saw Crystal was at the Towncenter mall that Friday afternoon, I had gone to see a movie with my friend Patrick and we ran into her, i reminded her to get silly string for the band lock in, less than 10 hours later she was gone. And we didn't even get a funeral because her body was shipped back to New York where one of her parents lived.

When i say I don't want to go to the Mall, or Boca Raton, i have my reasons, they are personal, and they are good AND legitimate.

it's not just that it's expensive on gas to drive down there, it's not just my 4 year old daughter being bored when i could EASILY take her to the wellington mall where they have a play area for kids. It's many reasons built up on top of one another.

I am entitled to my opinion, i am entitled to make other plans if i don't want to play in your pool, if you don't want to play in mine, then don't, but don't drag me out and be offended by something I said, very clearly as personal preference.

So fuck anyone who wants to be offended. There is no diplomatic solution to you stepping on my pain, as old as it is, it's mine. don't knock my opinion or my ideas, if you don't like them, come up with your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment