Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hrm

I've found that with a laptop i spend much less time on the computer.
This is giving me much more time to do other things, like spin!

I Navajo-Plied for the first time this morning. omg that went slowly. I'll share pictures later when it's done drying. Instead of soaking and whacking and drying it, i cooked it with some Black Cherry Koolaid and rinsed it, whacked it, and now it's drying in the shower. When it's completely dry THEN i'll get some pictures.

I really don't know what kind of wool it was, it came with my Ashford spindle from Halycon yarns. (i got a catalog for them, now i sorta want a lap loom /facepalm)

Next on my list is to get to Micheals and buy some Lion Brand Microspun to make me a Leezard! for the Great Gold Coast KIP Hunt (ravelry link). DPNS, while i try so hard to be a Knitting-Ninja, are still really difficult for me. So it will be a learning experience.

I've spent the last day calming down, being a duck, as my mom says. You know, let it roll off you like water off a ducks back. Be a Duck. So instead of spending hours spelunking ravelry while kaeley plays. I've been reading.

Kitty Goes to Washington - took me almost two weeks to finish, i don't think i'm going to read anymore books in this series.
Betrayed (House of Night Book 2) - finished in a day, it was ok, but what i don't like is how the books keep ending with no real conclusion. It annoys me. I need closure, even if it is a "series"

Next i'm going to read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and then City of Bones. I think..i have like, this big ass stack of books on my desk taunting me. But i feel like i have so much more time to read now.

ooo maybe i'll do this lace shawlette that sandi so nicely printed out the pattern for me! It'll be a challenge because it's only charted and i've not done that before, plus is perfect for this Alchemy Silk purse i have in my stash. yes../scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment