Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Bean Experiment

Tonight we experimented with black bean burritos. Thought I'd share the experiment and the changes I'll make next time.

Flour tortillas
One can black beans drained and rinsed
One can low sodium corn
1/3 cup diced yellow onion
1 tbs minced garlic

Cooked garlic and onions together. Added everything else and some chili powder, salt, black pepper.

Spooned into warm tortillas, topped with freshly shredded mild cheddar cheese. Roll up

Nom

They were ok, but needed....more

Next time I'll cook the filling with cheese, some kind of queso or cream cheese. And possibly add the cheese after cooking the beans/corn with a packet of taco seasoning.

I served with yellow rice. That I wouldn't change, we lurve yellow rice.

Either way the kid ate all her food. That's how I judge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment