Saturday, November 5, 2011

I-cord garland base

My friend Jess over at Storied Yarns wrote up a crochet garland base pattern a few weeks ago.

I thought it was a great idea! But I can't crochet (booo)! So I sat down and wrote up a knit I-cord garland base pattern.

Keep in mind I Did Not check Ravelry first to see if a pattern existed before doing this. So it's free for everyone who wants to use it 

Mine is going to have hot pink silk organza flowers sewn to it to make kaeley super happy. But you can hang whatever you want from it, a great idea is as a display "rope" for Christmas ornaments!

Here be the pattern:


Cast on 3 stitches

Knit in I-cord for 8-10 inches

Knit into front and back of each stitch

Split stitches, 3 on holder, next 3 stay on needle.

Continue in I-cord, doubling stitches and splitting onto holders every 8-12 inches as desired.

Bind off I-cord and pick up first set of 3 extra stitches, knit in I-cord for 1.5 to 2 inches and bind off

Repeat until all picked up stitches are "stems"

Weave in all ends (yeah I know it's a ton)

Attach garland hangies to suit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment