Thursday, May 30, 2013

Parents who lie

I've done it to kae, we lie about Santa, and the tooth fairy. Ross and I decided a long time ago to let her keep her innocent and imagination as long as possible. In this world of social media and ever evolving pop culture, I want my kid to get to be, we'll, a kid.

What I don't appreciate are parents who lie to other parents. 

I'm not talking mommy wars, or maybe I am, just a little.

It's those overachieving, "perfect" moms that I'm talking about.

Room mom, runs the bake sale, president of the PTA, Girl Scout troop leader, and a full time job. I hate these moms. The ones that are wearing something other than the jeans that haven't been washed in a month, and a two day old t-shirt with eggs on it. The moms who do their hair when I barely have time to brush mine. And who wear make up just to drop their snowflakes off at school.

These are the same moms who tell me that as a stay at home mom, Connor should be in full time daycare...

---------

Monday is Kae's school carnival. A month ago I get a frantic text, no one is volunteering to help! 
Ok, what can I do?
You can make a game, please, I'm going to have to do them all!!!!1!!!1!1
Alright! I'll do the beanbag game. When do you need it by.

The due date comes and goes. The game is still in my living room. I told her it doesn't fit in my car, she promises to pick it up, lives about 3 minutes from me. Still in my living room.

Then this morning, i get an email to all the parents in the class. They have SIX freaking bean bag games. SIX?!?!?!

Mostly I'm pissed because I have a job now, and unlike her my young child is not in full time daycare. I took my time and money to make this thing. For it not to be needed. And I wasn't told it wasn't needed until two days after it was due. 

No comments:

Post a Comment