Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brrrr

holy cow it's cold, and we're in florida! The news said it might snow tonight. While on one hand that's really cool, on the other i REALLY don't want to attempt to drive in it. Though, the ground doesn't get cold enough for it to stick. So.../shrug

Though Kae's been getting a lot of use out of her scarf i made her for Christmas! It matches her Hello Kitty jacket perfectly! (and looks darn cute with her Gir hat!!!)

Wednesday i went to the local knitting group. They meet at the bookstore cafe about 4 minutes from my house. And since Ross has Wed. off again, i get to go! I had a great time, the ladies were all really nice, and a couple even offered to teach me how to knit socks!!!! omg, yay! I'm so glad i get to go now. And Ross even told me he'd make sure he gets Wednesday's off for the foreseeable future so i can keep going.

I'm having a hard time with the Cables for my Cable Vision poncho. Let's not mention how i had to rip it 13 rows in because i didn't cast on enough (324 is ALOT x13 to rip...blah) so now i'm 5 rows into it again.

I knit myself an Ebook case for my Ebookwise machine. I used some handspun my mom brought me from a Farmer's Market in Iowa City when she was there last year. It's purple-ish. When i looked up the fiber artist, i found out it's spun up from something called and "Ugly Batt" makes sense, it's ugly in a sorta pretty way. Reminds me of spun up/knit up Dryer Lint. But my ebook is cozy, and i used a couple more buttons from Grandma Wonick's old bucket.

I also cast on for a Baktus today. I'm using some sock yarn i had in my stash, I can't decide if i'm going to keep it or give it to mom. it's blue, so might give it to mom and see if i can get my hands on some other pretty yarn to make a Lacy Baktus for myself.

February 1st the Shawl-a-long for the Needle Harvest group on Rav starts. I'm going to make a simple triangular shawl using Lionbrand Homespun in Barrington. And again if I like how it turns out, i'm going to buy some Blue to make one for mom, Terry's Birthday was Feb 1st. It's going to be hard on mom again this year. And i can't help but think of Shawls as hugs. (despite my b*tching, i love my mom).
I'm also doing the Shawl event for the Ravelympics. /squee!

stay toasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment