Monday, January 4, 2010

Hrm...2010

so what's up for this year?

my 10 year high school reunion
my baby turns 5 (waaaaa)
my mom turns 50! hehehe
my husband turns 30 ..also laughing on this one, he's so freaked out about it.

me, i'm just chillin'.

I've got some goals this year, the first, which i've already started, is to knit more for me. so far this year i've made a cowl for myself and i cast on today for the Cable Vision Poncho by Lionsbrand. Having issues with the yarn amounts for it though. To make the 1x/2x size, it calls for 12 balls of Wool-Ease. So i went to Joanns with my trusty gift card, and they only had 3 skeins. So i went to Micheals (Was on the way home!) and they only had 2. Our walmart carries homespun, but none of the other lines of Lionsbrand. So hopefully i'll get my hands on the other 7 skeins that i need before i hit the halfway point.

I joined the 52 books in 52 weeks group on Ravelry, my goal is 200+ books this year. At the rate i'm going, i probably won't make it. I just can't seem to get sucked in to anything so far.

The Needle Harvest group is doing a Shawl-A-Long, i'm just not sure when it's going to start, but i've got the yarn and pattern set aside for that. I just hope it doesn't interfere with the Ravelympics, though i could do the Shawl category, i was hoping to do the Afghan one with the Mayfield Afghan by Lionsbrand (i like their patterns, can you tell?). We'll see how it goes, if i even really bother with it, Christmas was just so stressful with my deadlines, i'd like to just knit at my own pace.

And that's another one of my goals, to knit at least a present a month to be prepared for christmas time, i think this year i'll work on mittens for everyone in Colorado, and a sweater or shirt for my mom. My brother a hat, and sadly, my husband is off the knit-list. He doesn't really appreciate handmade (and he won't wear handknit socks..tard). I'm also going to try and do the Hello Kitty Hat on needles instead of a loom for kaeley, to replace the one she grew out of.

No, it doesn't get that cold in florida..says me, who's wrapped up in a blanket, wishing for a snuggie, while it's 30-something degrees outside.

as an aside, i finished the gauge swatches for Bird's Nest Yarns and filled out the questionairre, that got in the mail back to it's nest today. Was so much fun, and a total learning experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment