Saturday, January 30, 2010

Drama Llama

Yup, he strikes again!

Yahoo groups, can be a wonderful thing. about 8 years ago I started a yahoo group for Taphophiles, Cemetery Photography, people who find beauty in that sort of thing, i personally do. I'm also a little weird. I have hundreds upon hundreds of pictures I've taken in cemeteries all over the state.
The group fell by the wayside when i moved to St. Lucie and had no Internet access, so i set mods to keep it going in my stead, they, over the years, since i got married and had my daughter, have also let it go.

So suddenly, like, January 10Th, a couple people decided to revive the group! Not that I mind, really, I'll even give the group to someone else, as long as they uphold the groups ONLY rule, the Grave Marker/Memorial is the focal point, not a prop.

It's turning into a freaking war /cry

Email really isn't the best way to make a point. Internet communication doesn't translate sarcasm or jokes well.

and something that's just a gentle reminder, sometimes comes off as Snark, or seems condescending.

It's frustrating, and draining. Miscommunication. Yahoo being slow so messages are delivered too late and there are mix ups in what someone said.

All i can do is shake my head, it makes me want to cry. I put YEARS into that group, building it to what it was at the height of it's activity, we had contests, assignments, put out t-shirts and calendars! and now, I'm just "the owner" i don't even have a name to these people, who are accusing me of being lazy, when i don't even f-ing know who they are.

so i pulled all my pictures, I'll hand the group over because i don't want to be the bad guy, and i don't have the time to rebuild the group and be as active as i was in it, Kaeley takes too much time, and I'm really not sorry for that.


As sad as it makes me, i guess i'll just let things fall into whatever place they need to. I don't need this headache, and i don't need the drain.
The email I wrote to the group, explaining myself, yeah, i actually EXPLAINED myself and my position, it just drained me so much, i don't feel like doing anything. WoW is out of the question, and i just don't even feel like knitting a row on the "mystery item!" I'm making for the Folklore and Fairytale swap.

Maybe I'll just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment