Saturday, December 26, 2009

Finally Over

Christmas is finally over, luckily, this year, nothing to return!!

but gift cards to spend is a super duper thing, i got a JoAnn's card from my dad, yay /dance

I'm glad all my hand knit gifts were well received this year, i'm not sure i'll do it again next year though, working on a deadline is good, because then i don't hibernate the wips, but working on a deadline is also stressful.

Now i get to look forward to Ravelympics

My Mother In Law got me a pattern and all the fiber to make a LionBrand afghan. the Mayfield Afghan actually. it's pretty, and the Spice colored Wool-Ease is fantastic, not a color i'd have normally purchased for myself, but it's great in person.

So i think i'll do this Afghan for the Ravelympics, i was going to do a sampler blanket, with each square a different stitch pattern, but this was dependant on my getting the 365 Stitch Patterns calendar. Which i didn't get. I may work on it anyway on my own time.

My mom got me a drop Spindle, and my husband got me Respect the Spindle...but i didn't get any fiber.../sigh after the new year i'll get to look into getting some. But i love the book, the pictures are great, and there are even Patterns in the back! (me likey patterns). i haven't seen the spindle yet, it didn't arrive in time.

Kaeley got her 3 Musketeer's Barbie, Bumblebee (the Transformer), a Cupcake kit, and more plastic animals than she knows what to do with. She also got an 18 inch baby doll and has already asked me to make her clothes. I like knitting for Kaeley, she appreciates it. So also got 4 FurReal Friends, and I've been requested to knit a cat bed and a dog leash for two of them. and a blankie for her Puppy and Panda.

All in all christmas was fun and good, it was nice to see family (especially my Grandpa Frank) and my youngest brother. And for the first time...well...ever, i actually got along with my Mother In Law! it's a good way to end 2009. Let's hope 2010 goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment