Monday, December 14, 2009

T-Minus 10 Days

and counting!

In our family we have Christmas over the course of like, a week.
Yule on the 21st with my best friend (on Solstice, 21st or 22nd depending)
Christmas Eve with my Mom
Christmas Day - Morning with the In Laws
Christmas Day - Evening with my Dad
If my husband's real dad lived closer we'd have to fit him in too.

We actually make our daughter wait to open her presents from us until Christmas Night. She only gets one present for Yule.

Our tree still isn't decorated, but it's got presents under it, and that's what counts. at least to me.
the box to Colorado is in the mail, i'm not that much of a slacker!

I've been a knitting fool, trying to get everything finished. I keep getting irked with people and deciding their present goes on the end of the list, at the rate some people are going they get their christmas presents next year.

I did managed to finish a couple projects :
Mom's wreath, using Lion Brand Holiday Homespun and Vanna's Choice in Cranberry. I added Poinsettias, tiny Pine Cones and a Brass Bell. i think it turned out really pretty, i hope she likes it!



I also finished a Darkside Cowl, it's the most complicated pattern i've ever done and i'm pretty proud of myself for it. It's a gift for a person i will not name here, juuuuust in case. I used Caron Simply Soft Eco, so not only is is the right warmth for florida "winters" it's GREEN only, it's Wheat.../smile


that's my ugly mug. I did find it could be pulled up as an Earwarmer, so i may have to make one for myself for those cold morning where i have to get up at 6:30am to take David to work.

I started in October with my christmas knitting, so i'm pretty proud of myself for getting as much done as i have, with time to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment