Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Resolution #9

i got pretty mad at my mom the other day. it's standard, she shows up at my house, gives me a hard time about everything, and then wanders off with me in a bad mood for my husband, brother, and daughter to deal with.

so i decided her poncho went to the end of the list (it's blocking atm actually).

this is what i did instead!


My VERY first handspun...yeah, it's super super bulky...i didn't do justice to the roving, i know that, but i'm very happy that i at least attempted. I'm fairly certain Kaeley thinks it's a pet. Ross sings "Weasel Stomping Day" every time I mention it.

On to other things..New Years Resolutions anyone?!

This year i actually accomplished one major goal i had. I quit smoking, it was my Resolution last year, and in the beginning of October i finally accomplished it. I actually didn't start TRYING to quit until about two weeks before i actually did. I've been smoke free for 2 months, going on 3. /cheer

This years resolutions are a bit different. as for Personal Resolutions, i'd like to lose some weight, the American Heart Association Diabetic Diet is what i was on for Gestational Diabetes, and that seemed to work really well, i think i'll go back on that. Clean more, piddle on the computer less, Read more, play less video games. (I made my To Read List yesterday, i'm approching 300 books, DH thinks i'm a freak)

As for my Knitting Resolutions, I'm going to make a sweater in 2010, I'm also going to do my first Lace project, and Make a Pair of Socks. And i'm going to make them all for me. That's it, Those are my Resolutions, but the biggest one is FOR ME! More knitting for myself and less for people who don't appreciate it. I'm also going to start my Christmas knitting for next year in July!

Live Long and Phosphorous, May you Glow in the Dark

Paula

1 comment:

  1. My first handspun was kinky and bulky and messy, but I knit it into a teeny swatch anyway. Still don't know what I will do with it...and haven't made any new attempts yet.

    ReplyDelete