Monday, July 12, 2010

To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution. ~Joe Cordare

It's been a really long week for me.

stress headaches, panic attacks, insomnia.

But today i came to a conclusion, i need to fix me. Before anything can change for better or worse, i need to fix me.

So i made a list, a list of things i can do to help fix me, things that don't involve making complete disarray of my life and home.

Diet. I know, this is a rough thing, especially for women, but it's something i need to do, instead of some fad diet though, I'm just cutting the crap, no more fast food, no more soda, cut as much processed food as possible. It won't just be good for me, but everyone who lives here.

Walk. I plan to get a pair of those fitness shoes and walk with Kaeley in the evenings after dinner. We've been talking about getting her a bike for her birthday, maybe I'll get one for mine a couple weeks later and we can do that too =D

Yoga. I want to get a yoga video (This one Actually) and do it a couple times a week. I think yoga will be good not only as exercise, but centering, calming.

Meditate. I used to do this regularly, my mind runs around a mile a minute so it's hard to focus enough for me to meditate, so I intend to use my spinning wheel for this. This means i plan to make at least an hour of time a week to meditate/spin.

Vitamins. My first job was working at a health food store, i learned SOOOO much. so along with my new diet of non-crap i intend to start taking a Multivitamin again. Along with St. John's Wort. I know most people think of St John's and say, "but that's for menopausal women" but it's not just. It helps with depression and mood swings that are brought about hormones. and since some depression is hormone based, I'll give it a couple months and see if i feel better. Since it's not a synthetic depression medication it's be easier for me, i hate prescription drugs.

Knit More. I know this seems sorta...off. since i knit a lot anyway. But more time knitting, keeps my hands and my mind busy, it helped me quit smoking almost a year ago. Going to knitting group is about the only real social interaction i have anymore, and i need that. Adult, in person conversation, and a couple hours to myself every week.

and the biggest one

Reconnect with my Faith. I'm not going to go into it, not really, let's just say I'm eclectic. and I've been slacking.

Not all who wander are lost
and sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Have you had your thyroid checked lately? If you can I would get a complete physical from doc. Mine went a little wacky after I had my 1st child and I was lacking energy, depressed, all kinds of stuff!

    ReplyDelete