Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Girl

so i finished writing the pattern for the summer girl scarf, now i just need to get to micheals and pick up a tube of beads, i hate nupps. but the option is there for people who do like them =D
This is a scarf, but it should be light weight enough to be a great accessory in the summer, or tie your hair up with it, that kind of thing. Another pattern which will be released to the public after the Storied Yarns Tattoo Faerie KAL.

Going to start spinning up my Seth Fiber tonight to get the Fingerless gloves pattern written.

Bananach harassed me last night until i got up at 2am to sketch the shawl out.

I.Cannot.Draw.
But i was finally able to get some sleep after that.

My book reading has been hurting this month, since i've been knitting so much, i'm still on track for the 200 books this year, i just keep getting stuck on books i don't want to finish. They don't hold my attention long enough and i have to force my way through them. I need to learn to just let them go and move on.
Right now i'm reading Urban Shaman by CE Murphy, so far so very good. Paranormal Mystery, with a bit of humor to keep you from going ack, blood.

The biggest hit to my reading time (besides knitting) has been Kaeley's Summer Reading Program, through the Public Library system. it's a 10 hour program where they read or are read to, and at the end of the summer they get prizes. Kae's 5 of 10 hours finished as of this posting. We try and get in 15-30 Minutes every night, the problem is that kids books are so short, we have to read a ton of them, and we don't always fill up the time each night.

oh and my fun for the day, i got my hair cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment