Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tattoo Faeries - Caplet Pattern

The Winter Girl Caplet!

I finally finished it and translated the pattern from Paula to Regular Knitter code, i have a bizarre form of knitting shorthand that i use when i write things down, mostly the problem is my handwriting =D

This is Based on Donia, the Winter Girl from Melissa Marr's Tattoo Faerie books, in Particular the book Wicked Lovely. I'm not going to post spoilers, but let's say that as Winter Girl, Donia lives in a world of eternal cold, ice and snow. I thought a Caplet would be fitting, I also took my inspiration for the pattern not only from the book, but the yarn Jess dyed up, and the book's Cover, the flowers.


Kae took the pictures, i love how she got her toys in
The pattern will be available with purchase of the Donia Colorway of Jesse's Storied Yarns Tattoo Faerie Knit-A-Long. After the KAL is finished in October i'll be releasing it for sale on Ravelry, along with the 2 or 3 other patterns I'm writing to go along with the event!

I think this may by my Christmas Party wrap with a little black dress.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kae's a good photographer. Watch out, Annie Liebovitz!

    ReplyDelete