Tuesday, June 22, 2010

KIP Week - The End

Finally over (As of saturday, i know i'm a bit late). I needed to veg. I kept kae and i so busy all week, i just needed a couple days to recover.

Though i'm not really vegging. I'm almost done with my citron, just one more increase row and the ruffle left, i got a lot done on my Rose Colored Tank, mostly while watching Burn Notice here at home. heh.

But last night my yarn from Jess at Storied Yarns arrived. She and I are collaborating on a Knit-a-long! Donia and Bananach showed up yesterday, Ash and Seth should be here sometime this week, and i started writing my very first pattern last night. I'm doing a Winter Girl Caplet, a Summer Girl Scarf, and a pair of fingerless mitts. The yarn for the mitts is also part of a Spin-a-long (Seth is a pain in the @ss, but it's ok, he's Seth!). And by October i hope to have Bananach's shawl all ready to go.
The patterns will be exclusive to the KAL until it's finished in October, and then they'll be up on Ravelry, i think to purchase (but i'm not sure yet, either way, they'll be available in October).


I'm also gearing up for the Tour De Fleece! Thus far my list is:

Unseelie Court Batt - CorgiHill Farms - Team Tale Spin (Folklore and Fairytale Group)
Cobalt Glass - CorgiHill Farms - Team Savethebohopuppies
"Dragon" Colorway 100% Silk - Crazy Plum Ranch - Team Tale Spin
Pigeon Colorway - Gift from Sandi - Team Golden Treasure Coast (Local team)

seeing as how i only have 3 bobbins, i think the silk will be spindle spun, and the Unseelie Court batt is only 2 oz of fiber, i already spun up half of it. The Cobalt Glass is going to be as close to Malabrigo Lace as i can get it to make a citron for my mom with. and the Pigeon is BFL and will be my last leg of the race comfort fiber. Total that's 11 ounces of Fiber to spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment