Tuesday, June 15, 2010

KIP Week - Day 4

Yesterday was busy, but everything i did i either already had points for or wouldn't get any. We went to the Post office (No points) so i used the little automatic postage machine rather than waiting in the line. The Grocery store, Kae wouldn't go in the cart and we only did light shopping, (and there was no line to wait in, YAY!)


Today was a different story! Kaeley and i went to the library in Jupiter.
IT.Was.PACKED. blah. But we managed to do a couple things, Get kae some books, Get ME some books, got in a little knitting while kae read to herself, I got kae signed up for a Summer Reading program, she gets points for every 15 minutes she reads or is read to, and she can get prizes. Great incentive and a great program. I also got Kae in to hear story time, even though she was too old for today's group they let her, nice librarians! (Stone Soup is a great story BTW)


After the library we went to BK (Again) to get some lunch and try and catch Uncle Dave unawares for the bonus point, i thought a Candid picture might be pretty funny. But he moves too fast!! the picture blurred like crazy and while i was deleting it to take another one, he ran off to drive-thru. Dave works really hard, I didn't tell him about the bonus point for having pictures with him, so he's probably going to kill me. /shrug oh well

After we picked up our lunch we went to a nearby park, when i mean nearby i mean, you can walk through the park to the Jupiter Library parking lot, which i didn't know we could do, but i do now! I don't recommend eating outside in summer in Florida, holy cow the flies. And then as soon as Kae was "done" eating and took off for the playground equipment, it started raining. We hauled butt back to the car, only to have it stop. She got to play for a little while, until the Maintenance people came to spray for ants and blow the leaves around. And I sat on a bench in the shade knitting and drinking my lemonade while the other parent there looked at me like I'd lost my damn mind. Maybe I have, but i learned that i don't need to be all over Kae while she plays, i just need to keep one eye on her AT.ALL.TIMES.

So that's what? 2 points today? maybe i can get the bonus point with Dave when i go to pick him up this afternoon from work.

Tomorrow the plan is - hopefully - to get to the beach uber early before it gets hot and while kae collects sea shells i can knit, then we can swim for a little while and come home. Beach is a point, I'm also going to knit night tomorrow night, which should be a point, even if it is my normal knitting group. I'm going to look into the Free Kids movies at Muvico theaters that Sandi reminded me of, maybe Thursday with a Trip to the Mall for those points.

It's a lot harder than i thought to actually plan a bunch of outings and make time to knit during each one, harder with Kaeley along, but infinitely more fun =D

No comments:

Post a Comment