Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tour Day 12

Yeah, I took more than one day of rest lol. It's hard to find spinning time with two kids who require a lot of attention. Also Saturday I got the chance to run off with my bestie and destash our kids for a few hours of adult girl time. I got absolutely nothing done, it was faboo!

But today I was productive! I managed to spin almost half my purple pencil roving. My arm is feeling rather blah, but I'm super happy with my progress, if Connor naps tomorrow I might be able to finish this up!

I also spent about an hour teaching kaeley to spindle spin. She's got an old Russian supported, but I think that might be too hard for her, so i pulled down my ashford boat (ie 2oz spindle) and she learned about pre-drafting, pinching the fiber and keeping the spindle going. She had a couple tangles, but didn't get upset, so I told her if she kept at it I would get her a spindle of her own for her birthday.

I'll probably make her a bracelet with her little skein, so she can show it off :)

A few weeks ago my grandmother in law passed (I'm sure I mentioned it) and I'm holding all my PayPal income to donate to the library in her name, I'm also holding a sale on my ravelry patterns! Use the code READ to get 12% off all patterns for the rest of the year. Including my Hunger Games inspired "Fire on the Water" scarf that just went up for sale.

--------
The two purple pics are before and after, the fuller one is obviously today

And a gratuitous Connor picture

No comments:

Post a Comment