Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tour day 4

So far I'm doing pretty well with the spinning every day thing. I'll probably fall off the wagon here soon, it's so hot I just want to sit in front of the open freezer, like Sam in that episode of icarly (om nom frozen pizza)

This morning I tried to move the hot pink sparkly from yesterday onto a ghetto bobbin. It falled apart ::sadface:: I didn't actually know the fiber content, now I'm thinking it was bamboo, and I didn't put enough twist into it.

This discouraged me greatly. I didn't really feel like spinning, I mean, that was practice roving and I screwed it up pretty badly. But kae convinced me I should try out my purple pencil roving.

HOLY AWESOME SPINNING BATMAN!

It's looking amazing, I heart kauni pencil roving, they have a shop on etsy. And I think perhaps once people try it I'll be sol since it will all get buyed!

I have purple and grey, estimated to make 440 yds of lace/light fingering weight each. And it's a dream to spin.

I only played for about 20 minutes, but it's great. I might break for the 4th, happy "blow up America day"!

No comments:

Post a Comment