Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tour day 6

Didn't think I'd get to spin today, what with the cleaning and cooking frenzy I've been on. Showing a before and after of my kitchen would be unwise, it was scary.

I made three trays of baby food for the C-man, a tray of puréed bananas (which seem to be his most favorite food) and two trays of butternut squash purée. The way I see it, I pay .49 a lb for bananas, typically 6 or 7 per bunch, and make enough purée for 10 breakfasts. The little jars are $1.00 each unless they're on sale (.50) and I get 1-2 meals. The squash were .98 each (not per lb) and I got two trays (20 servings) out of one. More if I mix with oatmeal or rice cereal.

As some of my friends know I meal plan, very strictly. It's one of the ways I save us money. (cloth diapering and home-made baby food are on that list too) pinterest has been great for this. I have a "this week in my kitchen" board now, if anyone is curious. (it actually encompasses two weeks of meals., payday to payday).

As for spinning, I didn't get much done, my arm is hurting because it's been so long since I've drop spindled. I'm left handed and just don't get the correct draft with my right hand. (also I had kae up in my way, she's fascinated, but easily distracted by angry birds)

So action and progress shot.

Ps, Connor speaks parseltongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment