Sunday, July 28, 2013

Me and my brownie

Mm nom brownies...... /drool

But I mean the Girl Scout variety 

"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"
"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

Kae and I went to Camp Welaka again yesterday for a mommy and me session.

The email said, meet in the parking lot at 9:30, we will begin promptly at 10. There was no one there!

The morning started with me finding out one of our counselors and I were camp buddies from 20 years ago. And then the flag ceremony


That's kae in the lead



Then we did knife safety in The Beehive


And carved bars of soap. My fish broke and became a heart. So kae did a fish to run it in my face.


Then lunch, sorry no pictures!

After lunch we learned knots. It was....interesting

Then we were SUPPOSED to do fire circle safety and roast marshmallows for s'mores, but it started raining, so we did fire safety in the lodge, that was impressive
 A-frame fire set up

Log cabin set up

Teepee setup

S'mores 

All in all it was a fun day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment