Sunday, July 21, 2013

School supplies

Big sigh
Very big sigh

Now I'm not really complaining. Because, for now, I'm only buying for one kid. But really?!?!

It's the scavenger hunt from hell!

The list they had at Walmart was last years list. When we got home I found this years. I have to take half the crap back because she doesn't need it! And I have a whole slew of other crap that wasn't on the list that she DOES need.

What I hate is the communal supplies. I understand the reasons, I'm still allowed to hate it. 

I also hate having to buy all the copier paper, dry erase markers, and sticky notes for the teacher, and then another $50 supply fee. Yes, at Kae's school it's $50 per kid. 

I will, of course, suck it up and buy the supplies. Plain, boring, unisex supplies. Because I'm not sending kae in with a monster high pencil case, and having her come home with Ninja Turtles (my example because she hates ninja turtles).

I remember when I had my popples pencil case, with my fancy left handed scissors. And my personalized pencils that grandma got me. And my Lisa frank trapper keeper. All inside my purple backpack. 

Now all children must be the same, with the same supplies, in their identical uniforms, and no real chance to learn to be themselves. 

I read on cafemom about teachers treating kids poorly for having "that parent", who can't afford to send in the name brand stuff the teach asks for. The parent that can't pay the supply fee. The parent who can't volunteer. 

So we'll teach the kids to be communist with their trickle down supplies. And treat the parents like garbage for having to buy cra-z-art instead of crayola.

No comments:

Post a Comment