Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cheaper than Therapy

Today, i woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It happens sometimes. Everything has gotten to me. The Bratling, the Husbeast, Gigantor. everything.
So i decided to play with my wheel, and ply up the two singles i've done with some grey/tweedish Corriedale that came with it.so we went from this


to this

to THIS -

and finally to this 2-ply -
i still have to wrap it around my niddy noddy (which i need to put together) to see how much i have, and soak and dry it. I'ma guess it's bulky =D very thick/thin, but it's a really pretty grey tweed type color.

/cheer i feel much better. I'm gonna try for a single with some Merino i have leftover from a batt i got with my first spindle now.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! I love the depth of color you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have spun with you on Saturday. It would have been a much better day than struggling with a corporate tax return. (No, I'm sorry but your hunting trip with your drinking buddies cannot be written off as a business expense.) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete