Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm so Crafty ::Wink::

I've been talking about busting out the Brother this week and popping out some project bags. I have MILES of fabric from my MIL (and my own purchases /blush).

So today i did! Rain sucks, makes the bratling cranky, makes me cranky. And i needed to take a break from my Beltane Swap knit item (this is typed with a big smile on my face) i'm so happy with how that's turning out too!

I made two mini bags, they're 8"x10" using a purple with dragonflies fat quarter i got like, a year ago and sat there. Intended to be a quit..never happened, it's a small project bag. Sandi, you need more sock bags?!

I also sewed up a MASSIVE project bag for Gail-ie. She's been working on a Simple shawl using LB homespun, and tried to cram it into an exsisting project bag, didn't work. So, for Future shawls, or afghans, or whatever, i made the Ivy Leaves project bag, thing looks like a pillowcase (i guess it could be that too if she wanted....) it's about 14.5"x20" i didn't add a drawstring yet.
it's got my Barrington Shawl i did for the Ravelympics and an extra Skein of Barrington Homespun crammed in it for size comparison.

I used my sewing machine without my mom, this is a big thing for me, usually she's pulling it out because her old Kenmore died and she needs to use mine. I also used up..well, not that much of my fabric stash, but...yeah, not it's not even a noticeable dent.

But as i get more confident (And learn to read a pattern......) I'll be able to make so much more, as well as finally start kae's Twin sized Pink Hello Kitty quilt..omg..so much pink, makes my eyes bleed....

=D

-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment