Monday, January 7, 2013

21 day challenge - day 1

First day! My day didn't start as expected. Connor was up at 3am, and didn't go back to sleep until 6:45.

Also I was expecting kae to be back at school today, but it's a teacher planning day.

I slept in, until 9:15, when Connor woke up again.

You see where this is going?

I didn't get in my scheduled morning exercise (My Dolphina Bellydance dvd), since my other resolution involves weight loss - go fig.

Then, around 10:30 an online friend reminded me about this, yes, even though it's in my phone, which beeped to remind me, I forgot :(

So I packed the kids up and headed to the Depot. Online it says they carry replacement medicine cabinet shelves...they do not. So I had to improvise...twice!

First trip I bought plastic sheeting, pretty thick. And convinced the guy who cut wood to cut it for me. He was nice, and my kids are cute. This collapsed almost immediately.

Second trip I bought 1/8th inch thick laminated particle board. It's only slightly sturdier than the plastic, but its holding.

So now for the before and after pics. Please keep in mind this bathroom is used by 3 and a half people!

before, useless cabinet, cluttered counter top.





AFTER!



not so cluttered countertop, just the stuff we use everyday that doesn't fit anywhere else, our toothbrushes, paste and hairbrushes. the big silver thing is a hands free soap dispenser we got for christmas. oh, and kae's zooble that's drying next to the sink, she accidentally dropped it in the toilet, it was very dramatic.

Shelves! top is medicines so the kids can't reach them, middle is...stuff, bottom is more stuff..
yes, if you count there are 5 bottles of female perfume on the bottom shelf...4 of them are mine. the two on the far left are mostly empty.

Stay Tuned for tomorrow's episode of see how messy my house is! The Linen Closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment