Thursday, January 10, 2013

21 day challenge day 4

Today I "rested" from my new work out routine by doing yoga. Which isn't really resting, but it's not high cardio.

Connor was a monster, he pulled the coat rack down and dumped my purse, pulled the hat I started off the needles, and destroyed a skein of sock yarn.

He's the most destructive child I have ever met. And I was a preschool teacher in a two year old room.

So my organization today is easy, it's my laundry area. I'd had a brain fart earlier in the week on how in the heck I was going to manage this space.

The problem is our washer/dryer. It's stacked, and crammed into a tiny little cubby at the end of the hall. There is no door, only an accordion panel. The fit is so tight the ironing board barely fits in there. So the laundry supplies (soap, bleach, dawn, cloth diaper detergent, dryer sheets) were either on the floor in the hallway, or crammed on top of the dryer.

We also have a laundry basket on the floor in front of the linen closet door holding laundry to be washed. It looks bad, but there isn't anything I can really do about it. Even a hamper would have to live in the hallway, we have very little space for 4 people's laundry.

So I moved the rest of the soaps onto the shelf in the linen closet I cleared just for them, and removed the piece of plywood in the hall, I have no idea why it was there, just always was!

I'm open to suggestions on how to house the unwashed laundry without taking up my whole hallway, or blocking the linen closet.


Tomorrow i'm going to switch out my purse, and clean TRY and organize it in the process. Mom purses are like Mary Poppins bags, they must have everything all.the.time.


No comments:

Post a Comment